Welcome to Westwood Animal Hospital!
Westwood Animal Hospital is a premier veterinary hospital located in the heart of Kansas City. Our staff provides the highest level of care for pets and their families, with the perfect balance of expertise and warmth. A full-service veterinary hospital, we offer a wide array of services and flexible scheduling.
We plan to continue curbside admission service for medical/surgical/dental patients and for medication pickup to keep everyone safe. Once we decide to open the hospital to the public, notices will be posted here, on Facebook and with DemandForce (if you have provided your email during a pet visit). Please stay safe everyone! –Dr. Hunthausen
TEMPORARY COVID INTERRUPTION
Westwood Animal Hospital has elected to temporarily stop seeing patients due to a COVID-19 exposure. We have a contingency plan in place, with help from local animal hospitals (see below), to provide you with essential medical care. You can request medication or food refills by clicking on the ONLINE PHARMACY tab on this web page, or at a pharmacy of your choice following the directions listed below.
Please be safe and take care of your families during these difficult and dangerous times.
-Warm regards, Dr. Wayne Hunthausen and staff
Hours of Remote Operation: M-F, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- We will not be seeing any patients between the dates of November 24th and December 8th, 2020
- Limited staff will remain in-hospital until we close today. During this time frame, voice mail will be monitoring and we will promptly return calls regarding prescription medications, food pickup and medical record transfers. After the above dates, we will monitor our voice mail remotely and assist you the best that we can.
- Our doctors will continue to receive pending lab work and will call you with results.
- After closure, all medication refills must be refilled by a pharmacy. Use our online pharmacy (reer to the tab in the menu bar above) or leave a request on our voice mail. Please leave your full name, your pet’s name, your phone number, the name of the medication/food you want refilled, and the name and phone number of the pharmacy you want us to use. Also, please spell out your e-mail address. This information will be forwarded to one of our veterinarians who will review the request. If approved, a prescription will called in to the pharmacy you chose. Please allow at least 2 working days for your request to be processed.
- We will be refilling existing prescriptions only and not prescribing new medications. Also, the medications you receive from a pharmacy may be different in appearance if they are from a different manufacturer.
- We have partnered with some local animal hospitals to help your pet if they need medical services.
- Please call them in advance and let them know you are a Westwood Animal Hospital client. Once an appointment is scheduled they will contact us and we will send all pertinent electronic records. Please understand that not all of your pet’s records are digitized and available for electronic transfer.
Fairway Animal Hospital
913-432-7611 913-432-0949 firstname.lastname@example.org
Plaza Animal Clinic
816-931-6636 816-931-3443 email@example.com
Union Hill Animal Hospital
816-931-4930 816-463-4822 firstname.lastname@example.org
# # # #
See below for link to CDC and latest information regarding pets and Covid-19
Meeting the needs of our patients while ensuring human safety is our top priority. To accomplish this, we are making some changes to conform to social distancing recommendations and to be strategic about our use of surgical and medical supplies.We are now offering “curbside” services. You can call us from the parking lot and we will meet you by your car. We ask that you help your pet out of your vehicle and we will take them from there!
-Cats must be in a secure carrier.
-Dogs must be on a NON-RETRACTABLE leash with a secure collar or harness that they cannot slip out of. We will also use one of our slip leads to “double leash” your pet. This is a standard practice anytime we walk your pet outside.
-Clients are required to wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth while interacting with our staff. We will do the same while interacting with you.
-Before we admit your pet for examination we will need some medical history. We will collect this first by phone when you arrive for your appointment.
-After the exam, we will exchange information by phone.
-Food, prescription drug and other purchases will also be curbside.
-Payment arrangements must be made in advance. Credit and debit card payments are accepted. We are not accepting cash or check payments at this time.
-If you are not comfortable with these measures, please let us know! We will accommodate you as best we can.Please call to discuss any concerns you have about upcoming or anticipated surgeries. We must take special precautions when examining pets from mandated or self-quarantined households. Please let us know in advance so we can schedule and prepare appropriately. This also applies to the following situations:
-If you or your family members have exhibited flu-like symptoms including fatigue, aches, fever or cough.
-If you have traveled outside the United States in the past 14 days or to regions within the United States where there are a high number of cases of COVID-19.
-If you have been on a cruise ship within the last 14 days.
-If you have tested positive for COVID-19. Thank you for working with us to keep your pets and your family happy and healthy!
CDC-Covid19 and pets: posted 042920 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/animals.html
Patients Come First At Westwood Animal Hospital!
OUR MISSION is to put our patients first by providing outstanding, compassionate care and service through staff education, teamwork and by providing a personal touch in a congenial environment that exemplifies the appreciation of the special bond between pets and their families.
OUR CORE VALUES include empathy, compassion, integrity, communication, advanced technology, quality care, teamwork and education.
OUR VISION is to achieve synergy using our core values to advance our mission. Synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts. This requires more than state of the art medical care – it requires care that addresses every aspect of a patient’s experience at Westwood Animal Hospital, including the pet’s physical comfort, as well as emotional needs. Additionally, we provide each pet’s family with options for the best way to support their pet’s wellness and therapeutic needs.
Thanks for visiting us on the web. We’re very proud of Westwood Animal Hospital and the level of care we provide for the furry family members who are entrusted to us. If you’re in the neighborhood, I invite you to call for an appointment to take a tour of our hospital.
–Wayne Hunthausen, DVM, Owner