If you are a pet owner who would like to consult directly with
Dr. Hunthausen, please return to the owner behavior forms. CLICK HERE.
If you are a veterinarian who will be consulting directly with Dr. Hunthausen about a client’s pet, please email or call to request veterinary consultation forms.
TELEPHONE BEHAVIOR CONSULTATIONS for VETERINARIANS
The service is best suited for the veterinarian who is knowledgeable about animal ethology and behavior therapy techniques, and who is familiar with common behavior problems exhibited by cats and dogs.
Veterinarians interested in companion animal behavior therapy should consider joining the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB).
Payment can be billed to VISA or MasterCard. Fees
Here Is How It Works
1. Contact Dr. Hunthausen to obtain a copy of the canine or feline questionnaire (see above)
2. The client completes the questionnaire and returns it to the referring veterinarian.
3. The referring veterinarian will review the behavioral history, and add his or her comments to the questionnaire, being certain to include any pertinent medical information.
4. The completed questionnaire is mailed or faxed to our office. Please keep a copy for your files.
5. When Dr. Hunthausen has received and reviewed the completed questionnaire, a telephone consultation will be scheduled for the referring veterinarian to call the consultant.
6. The TBCV consultant will assist the referring veterinarian in the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of the pet.
7. The referring veterinarian will then schedule a full behavior consultation session with the client to discuss behavioral therapy.
- DVM360 article – Addressing canine fear-related aggression in the veterinary clinic
- Advising clients on treating or euthanizing pets with behavior problems
- Benzodiazepine and canine separation anxiety